District of Columbia and Maryland Buildings
DC Forensic Laboratory
DC United Soccer Stadium (Audi Field)
Capitol City serves as the Outreach and Compliance Specialist for several General Contractors on the construction of new or modernization of District of Columbia buildings; occupied by District agencies or private industry, contracted through the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED), Department of General Services (DGS) and Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD).
Capitol City manages the recruitment and monitors the utilization of District of Columbia Certified Business Enterprises (CBEs); facilitates forums to maximize community participation through community meetings and pre-bid conferences; monitors compliance with the District First Source Employment Program, Apprenticeship Program, Workforce Incentive Program and Section 3 Program requirements; reviews and monitors certified payrolls to ensure payment of US Davis Bacon wage rates posted in the District’s LCP Tracking System in DDOT’s Davis Bacon Compliance Division; coordinates interaction with District agencies and elected officials; and prepares and submits comprehensive compliance monthly, quarterly and special reports and documentation on the project in accordance to District requirements. The District requires a minimum of 35% CBE participation on District funded projects; however, select projects have CBE goals from 35% participation up to 70% CBE participation. Some projects also have a goal of 35% District resident participation.
• 200 Eye Street, SE Building
• Consolidated Forensic Laboratory
• 1550 First Street SW Apartments
• Costco Membership Warehouse
• DC United Soccer Stadium – Audi Field
• Far Southeast Family Strengthening Collaborative Headquarters
• Fire & Emergency Medical Services (FEMA) Engine Company #22
• RFK Stadium Rehabilitation
• St. Elizabeth’s New Hospital
• Unified Communication Center
• Ward 5 Short Time Family Housing Building
• W Street Condominium Homes
Prince George Community College
Center for Health Studies Building
Capitol City served as the Outreach & Compliance Specialist to Tompkins Builders, Inc./Gilford Corporation Joint Venture to manage the recruitment and monitoring the participation of Maryland and Prince Georges County Minority Business Enterprises (MBE) on the construction of a 114,000 gsf facility to house the Center for Health Studies. The project had a requirement of 25% Maryland MBE participation with a preference to Prince George’s County MBEs; the General Contractor agreed to a 32.4% MBE participation at the time of the award and achieved 43% MBE participation and 15% County participation.
• Center for Health Studies Building/Prince Georges Community College
• Oak Hill Campus Modernization
• Queen Anne Academic Center /Prince Georges Community College